The Film Shooters Collective
We love film, the smell of fixer in the morning, and geek out over grain structure. This is a collective of people who not only think that film is still very much alive, but that it’s as beautiful and as relevant as ever, even in an industry that changes as often as this one.
The Film Shooters Collective (FSC) is an international group of photographers who are united by our love for film. We come from different styles, backgrounds, and countries, but each and every one of us has a soft spot for film. By and large the goal of the FSC is simply to advance film photography into some audiences that would otherwise not be aware of it.
It's frustrating how little regard there is for film. In an email received recently someone asked why even bother shooting film since it seems so difficult. After waxing on about tones and the process and about how it makes you feel, and how we are more craftsmen than operators of an input output device. His response, "sadly those times have passed".
We are analog, we are old school, we are shooting "vintage" cameras, and we are okay with that. As long as people have a chance to be exposed to the beauty of it. For questions please feel free to contact us.
The FSC is presently curated by the following:
Fill out the fields below and we will get back to you ASAP!
Each week we provide curated inspiration featuring analog photos submitted by the public and our members. Click on the links below to see the past few weeks submissions.
See more great photos on our photostream.
The Film Shooters Collective is comprised of over 300 photographers from across the globe. While all of their styles are different one unique element remains: film. Click on any of the names below to see film photography from collective members.
Huda Al (ThExpat)
Ahmad Azlan Shamsuddin
Martin Benavides Lee
Marta Brust Kepinska
Ian Cuevas (gumisforlovers)
D. Matthew Dair
Tamara De Leon
Paul Del Rosario
Francesco Di Marco
John Fink Jr.
J. Aaron Greene
Deirdre Haber Malfatto
Carl John Spencer
Jérémie Le Guen
Ernesto Martinez Oliva
Jenne Afiya Matthews
Katt Janson Merilo
Peter Novitzky (DOF Factory)
Ahn Huy Pham
Raul Pires Coelho
Steven Louis Ray
Jackie Shuya Tan
Linda Silva Palleschi
Bob St. Cyr
Hans ter Horst
Paul van Bueren
Douwe Van de Voort
Bernie Vander Wal
Lai Wui Hong
Chong Yee Tan
Curated Photostream Instructions
Participating in the curated photostream is easy. To submit your work for consideration please do the following:
- Add curator (at) filmshooterscollective.com as the recipient of a new email.
- In the body of the email be sure to put a link back to your website and/or social media.
- Attach your photo to the email (see image formatting below for important instructions.)
- Send the email and check our photostream on the following Monday.
All images submitted to the curated photostream should follow these guidelines. If these guidelines are not followed your images will not be eligible.
- Size your photo to 1800px on the longest edge, and save it at 72dpi
- Important - name your file as follows: title_cameraandlens_artistname.jpg
Rules and Fine Print
- You retain all of the rights and ownership to the photographs you submit.
- There's no compensation provided for the submission of photos. A link will be displayed to your work when appropriate.
- Submissions are permanent. Given the volume of submissions the photos are permanent once they have been posted. These cannot be removed in the future, so please take that into consideration.
- Unpublished submissions are not kept on file.
- Have fun. This is an opportunity to grow as an artist and inspire the community around you.